Thursday, February 17, 2005

My first time

In the midst of my packing (I'm flying home tomorrow) and the Les Mis soundtrack playing on my computer in the background (it's really good!), I decided to brave the keyboard and create my first blog (pronounced bee-log in the world of Jean Wang) entry. I've always been reluctant about writing one of these as I firmly believe that no one's really THAT interested in listening to what I have to say about what I did when I did it. However, after much persuasion from a certain someone, I decided that I shall try it out and see how it goes. Like my old friend TS used to say, "Never try never know!" (a highly dangerous motto to live by, I admit, but in this context, I doubt I would be getting into any perilous situations with penning a weblog.. ;) )

As I sit here penning my thoughts of life and beyond, I can't help but recall the legend of Narcissus - a dude so consumed by his love for himself that it drove him to his grave. (Well, Greek mythology enthusiasts may refute me on this one since technically, they never found his body and hence, never buried him and therefore, didn't have a grave. But you get my point.. As usual, I'm digressing) Anyway, the same certain someone who convinced me to write this blog thingie told me that all bloggers are narcissists by nature, otherwise, they wouldn't be writing loads and loads about themselves and posting it on the world wide web where everyone can see. Worse still, they put up the links to their website everywhere so all their friends can come look at it and ooh and aah at how wonderful writers they proclaim to be. Sorry if I'm offending anyone by saying this, by the way. I'm just expressing my opinion. :) Again, I digress.

So basically, I'm here to declare that I will conform. I shan't disappoint the very society that expects us bloggers to be self-involved, egotistical and bloody good at writing our blogs so I hereby proclaim my stand: that I will be just like all those bloggers out there and solemnly vow to talk only about myself, my thoughts and my feelings. Here here!! (Again, I would like to put out a disclaimer that this is not intended to insult or offend anyone. I am merely a drama queen by birth!)

So that's it from me. It's 2 am and my precious eyelids are growing heavy. I shall turn in now and hop on the next flight to dreamland. Hopefully, Michael Vartan is there waiting for me.. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home