Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Show biz is my biz..

It's been awhile since I last wrote.. Apart from the lack of interesting subject matter to pen and the impending doom of my final exams, I've been busy getting myself involved with show business!!! :) Yup, my dream has finally come true... NOT! Haha.. It's just a small production by the 3rd year medics in my university and we're doing.. Bugsy Malone!

Anyway, our show is running for 4 nights this week (starting tonight) and we're really really enjoying ourselves! All the rushing around, changing costumes, injuries (unfortunately, I sustained a little injury on my leg tonite.. it's small but it really hurt! How will I survive 3 more nights???), lots of nervous nail-biting behaviour.. it's all fantastic!!! Haha.. yes, as you can probably suspect, I'm suffering from the all-too-familiar show biz rush! It's scientifically proven to be as intoxicating as celebrity rush, sex rush and all the other rushes you get with well, whatever.. Anyhow, I don't care what it is, I love it! It's exhiliarating!!! (See? Didn't I tell you I belonged on the stage?? Just read 'So near yet so far' and you'll understand..)

Opening night tonight was not as bad as we expected.. it went really well and despite the odd hiccup here and there, people managed to react really well to it so the audience couldn't really tell! All professional amateurs, mind you.. I truly hope that the audience found it worth their money and their while. Even though we aren't paid, we still want to put up a good show. After all, we are here to entertain! I mean, come on! This is show biz!!!


In case you're wondering, I'm playing a huge part indeed.. I've got 7 whole lines!!! Haha.. Yeah, I'm a buzzing reporter and I play many other small little extra parts as well. So it's really quite cool! Like I said before, that means lots of costume changes and a lot of stripping-in-front-of-people-I-don't-really-know cos' we really don't have the time to run to the loo. Ah well.. all in the name of show biz babeh!

Anyhow, if you're from around here, do let me know if you want tickets to come catch this fabulous show. I'll be more than glad to point you in the direction and hopefully, I'll see people there!!

For now... hip hip hooray to all involved for a fantastic night!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home