Saturday, April 30, 2005

The Credit Card Strikes Back

You know how they say when a woman is depressed, she shouldn't go shopping? Well, today, I've discovered that when a woman is annoyed, there is even more reason to prevent her from seeking the all-so-familiar retail therapy..

I went to town today to run a few errands and to hunt for a few nice spring jackets. (I don't believe I have enough spring jackets to cater for different occassions and therefore, need to complete my wardrobe) Unfortunately for me, not only did I not manage to find any suitable jackets, I ended up splurging on a whole load of unnecessary items! Sigh.. the UK economy will certainly benefit from my little problems..

Let's see.. Ah yes, I spent a whopping 20 pounds in Boots today.. on what, you say? (Ok, so you don't say but I'll say anyway.. hehe) On hair dye products. Wanted to redo my hair cos' it was growing out and looked a bit weird.. Now, I've been wanting to do this for some time, but have always stopped myself in the midst of time simply because I do not have the disposable income. (Literally, disposable, in this case..) But well, I needed to feel better today and what better way to feel happier than to buy myself lots and lots of stuff?!! (I bought loads of other stuff too, but we shan't dwell on that now..)

I do admit trying very hard to think logically and weigh out the benefits and disadvantages of my purchases.. But I don't know why, something so deep inside me kept chanting, "Buy, buy, buy it all!!" Wonder if it was just my subconcience, or my credit/debit cards..

So the whole evening has been wasted on 'doing' my hair.. and guess what? It wasn't just me.. No, no.. it was a whole house affair!!! Haha.. My poor unfortunate housemates, S and JC had to spend 4 hours plus turning 28, Marlborough Street into the 'S & J Saloon'! I'm truly very grateful to them for this as I couldn't possibly have done what I wanted done to my hair on my own..

So yes, to the world out there, an important lesson to be learnt: never let an unhappy woman leave the house with a credit card.. (or any cash for that matter..) unless you, as an innocent bystander, desperately want or need to have a taste of disaster..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home