Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Just a bored babe babbling..

I've been plagued with the 'boredom' bug.. It's a tiny bug, highly-infectious and seems to be going around lately (since most of my friends seem to have contracted a disease with similar symptoms to mine). I've read around for the latest literature but apparently, there's no known cure for this disease. Even though there's been a huge amount of money invested into heavily researching this new syndrome, there has been a poor yield. All they can tell us now is the epidemiology, pathology, clinical signs and symptoms but unfortunately, no treatment yet. So, all I have to do is to persevere and hope my immune system does its job.

Yeah, this is the after-effect of finishing with Bugsy.. withdrawal symptoms, you could call it. From a room full of bustling people to a room full of well, aromatherapy fumes, I guess.. and only that.. Sighh..

My housemates are in Austria now, doing the touristy thing, and they've left me alone for over a week now. (They'll be back later today..) It would be a perfectly good opportunity to study, but it also means that if I don't leave the house, I get very minimal human contact. Ok, so that's not such a bad thing. But considering how I haven't left the house in 3 days, it's quite bad. I'm getting so darn bored that even watching series reruns or movies isn't helping. I mean, that's bad for me ok!! The situation is getting a bit more dire than I thought!!

Ok, ok, do not panic. Hehe.. well, instead of boring whoever's reading this with elaborate elaborations (huh?) about my boredom, I think I'll do something more productive. I will compile a list of all the places that I've travelled to and visited outside of Malaysia!! (Woohoo! Something to do!) Yeah, I've always loved travelling and seeing new places, so this is good! (Although my definition of 'new places' is strictly confined to areas of high development and good economic status. Sorry, but I can't stand being in icky places!)

Let's start with the UK:
- London (of course)
- Nottingham (d'oh)
- Manchester (hehe)

- Edinburgh
- Glasgow
- York
- Leeds
- Liverpool
- Bristol

- Blackpool
- Bath

- Coventry
- Birmingham

- Warwick
- Windermere }
- Grasmere } Lake District
- Keswick }

Europe:
- Republic of Ireland
- France - Paris & Versailles
- Switzerland
- Czech Republic
- Austria - Salzburg & Vienna
- Vatican City
- Italy - Milan, Venice, Florence, Pisa, Rome, Naples & Capri

Rest of the world:
- USA (woohoo!) - LA, San Fransisco, San Diego, Hawaii, Chicago, Wisconsin & more (can't remember)

- Canada (Toronto & Niagara Falls)
- Australia - Sydney & Melbourne (I would've made it to Gold Coast if my wonderful parents didn't leave me behind!!)
- Hong Kong
- Taiwan
- Thailand

Hey.. I just realised that my list is actually quite short! And here I was thinking that I've been to so many places.. Maybe I should quit school and become a full-time traveller. Hmm.. that sounds like a really good idea! Yay! That's going to be my new goal/ambition!!!! Woohoo!!!


PS: My to-do list in order of priority:
Europe:
- Spain - Barcelona, Madrid & Costa del Sol
- Greece
- Amsterdam & Cuchanov (Can't remember how to spell it)
- Belgium

UK:
- Cambridge
- Cardiff
- Stratford upon Avon
- Newcastle
- Southampton ??

and of course, my favourite of all.. back to the USA!!! (Gosh, where do I begin?!)

2 Comments:

Blogger Yuen Li said...

So your ambition is to join Medicines sans Frontiers? ;)

11:36 PM  
Blogger Jean said...

Haha.. not really Medicines sans Frontiers.. just a Frontier, to be honest.. just travelling, taking lots of pictures, eating yummy desserts and lots of fun! :)

3:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home