Saturday, December 13, 2008

More from Netherlands!

Our story in Amsterdam continues with Part 2, in pictures, of course! :) We spent one day in Zaanse-Schans, a quaint little tourist town just outside of Amsterdam. It's the only town left in Netherlands which still have real, live, working windmills, and I'm really glad I got to see them!! The landscape was absolutely picturesque, it was like walking in a postcard! Anyway, a picture is worth a thousand words, so here they are!!


We had to take a little canal boat to get to the tourist spot!
.



This is the entrance of this lovely little town.. so picturesque & serene...
.


This is the first of many beautiful pictures taken in this beautiful little town!
.


This could be a holiday postcard, right?
.


I may not look it, but as we were standing on the first floor of a real windmill, I was terrified!!
.


I love this shot, do the fields make me look like Anne of Green Gables?
.


Look what I found?!!

.

Another good shot? ;)

.


We visited a traditional clog workshop, I've never seen so many clogs in my life!
.


Look, a real Dutch milkmaid!!!
.

Look what else I found? Heehee..

.

This is a real grinder for chalk that we found inside a real, working windmill!

.


And this concludes our holiday trip in Netherlands! It was fantastic and we said that we definitely would go back again! Those of you who haven't been, you must go!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home