Thursday, May 05, 2005

A night to remember

I have just had the most INCREDIBLE night!!!

I went on a date tonight... and had one of the most amazingly enjoyable nights that I've ever had!! (Ok, exaggerating a little as usual here, but you get my point..) So guess what did I do tonight that made it so wonderful?

I went to watch 'Beauty and the Beast', the musical at the Royal Centre in Nottingham and it was truly enthralling.. breathtaking, spectacular, magnificent and simply incredible!!! I really mean it! It was beyond my every expectation and I enjoyed every nanosecond of the production! No regrets, whatsoever!

Let's see, we'll start first with the cast. Oh, the cast was brilliant! Belle had the most beautiful singing voice and undeniably marvellous! The Beast's talking voice wasn't as booming as I expected but his singing voice just blew me away completely! I haven't heard such good singing in a long long time.. sighh.. And when he transformed into the prince, wow... he was quite leng chai lor!!! :) Gaston was great too, though I suspect he's not from the UK. (He had an American accent) He was a very good actor - extremely animated and comical, he made us all laugh! Oh, and he sang pretty well too! Ooh.. not to mention, he had an amazing body!!! Yum!

The supporting cast was amazing too, and the dance sequences were nothing short of impressive! Ooh, and they were all ballet dancers, by the way.. Costumes were great too! Lumiere's candlesticks actually lighted up with fire!!! And Belle's yellow gown was every bit what I imagined it to be.. truly truly fabulous! (Ahh.. I feel like a little girl all over again!!)

I think what I was most impressed with was the special effects. All the stunts like the Beast's transformation (both to and from) were so remarkably well-done, and all the other special effects like fireworks on stage, the scary forest, the starry sky were just absolutely fantastic!

Overall, it was certainly a night to remember and I can't wait to go to sleep just so I can dream about it! For all of you out there who haven't seen it, I highly recommend you to go.. (although do keep the expectations down otherwise don't blame me when it's not as good as I said it is.. :P) Beauty and the Beast is playing permanently in New York, if I'm not mistaken, but it's definitely not showing in London. So do take any opportunity you can get to go!!

Right, that's it from me for now... I'll leave you reminiscing in this tale that's as old as time, and to sing the song's that as old as rhymes.. just as I will be for the next few days. (Haha, cheesy right?)

(Oh, by the way, if you were wondering who my date was, it was.. ME! Yup, I took myself out tonight and truly enjoyed my company. It's one of the best dates I've ever had!! Ooh, and am feeling very much like SJP in Sex and the City now.. hahahhaa..)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home