Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Red roses..

I've only ever been able to appreciate art from the Impressionist era, and without a doubt, my favourite painter is Claude Monet.. I find his pieces enticing, hopeful and captivating - drawing the viewer into his world, allowing him/her to see it from Monet's own eyes. So when I stumbled upon a quote from him the other day, I simply must put it here.. and it so happens to be within context! :) Monet said, "I perhaps owe having become a painter to flowers." My love and appreciation for flowers instantly grew..

My darling is currently staying with me for a week... (he's on his quarterly leave) And as although he can sometimes be a pain (he forced me to complete shifting from my old house to my new house AND finish unpacking), I'm loving it completely that he's here.. Plus the fact that my new room's got a double bed does make it even better!

Anyway, my sweetheart surprised me today with a lovely, and I do mean, lovely, bouquet of red roses.. they were absolutely beautiful and not just like normal roses, but huge ones!!! (I also accidentally found the receipt, and they weren't cheap!) I was absolutely ecstatic and spent the whole afternoon taking photos of them (and of me, of course!) so I'm just here to show them off! Hehe..


So here they are...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
My beautiful bouquet..
.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Which is prettier? ;)
.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Aren't they just gorgeous?
.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
My attempt at taking a 'professional' shot.. Are u convinced?
.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
A little close-up
.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Another new thing I'm trying.. ;)
.
And finally.. my favourite shot of them all...
.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Tadaa!!!
.
Ok, that's it from me for now..

2 Comments:

Blogger michiee said...

Now, the last one looks more like a professional shot. Nice roses, btw :P I'm sooo jealous...

5:37 AM  
Blogger Jean said...

Hehe.. Thanks! The roses nice leh? They're really big, fat and very beautiful! Hehe, kinda like me! ;)

11:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home