Thursday, July 13, 2006

Final destination: Hong Kong!!

Our final stop was in Hong Kong, and it was definitely my favourite place of all! :) However, due to time constraints, we were there for a grand total of one and a half days.. So sad, huh? Ah well, at least it's an excuse for me to make a few more trips back there in future! Hehe..

We stayed at the Park Plaza Hotel in Causeway Bay, which was like one of the most vibrant, lively and busy places in Hong Kong. There are plenty of shops around so that's the best place for shopping! There's everything ranging from Sogo for branded stuff (like LV and Gucci etc) right down to little shops selling little cutesie things (like hairclips and handphone accessories), so really, there was lots for us to do! Plus, there were food shops EVERYWHERE! I had such a nice time trying out all kinds of food and boy, was the food G-O-O-D!!!! Even the tiny hawker-style stalls selling egg tarts and 'char siu pao' were so scrumptious! Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures, cos' they're all someone else's camera and I still haven't obtained them.. hmphhh!

So what pictures do I have? Ahh.. this first one is probably worth the most! I bumped into him on my flight from Shanghai to Hong Kong..

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Yes, he is a Hong Kong celebrity! His name is Chin Ka Lok!

I also bumped in Lam Po Yi of the Healing Hands fame in Beijing.. he walked right past me and pretty much brushed my shoulder! Unfortunately for me, I was too starstruck to flag him down for an autograph/picture. So sad..

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

This is the Hong Kong Chek Lap Kok International Airport, it's an important picture because I first saw this in the famous Cantonese series, 'Triumph in the Sky' which filmed many of its scenes here!

.

Perhaps one of the best thing in Hong Kong was the scrumpdiliumptious food! At the risk of sounding like a true fatso, it was definitely a case of 'yummy yummy yummy, I've got love in my tummy'!! Hehe.. As we stayed in Causeway Bay, there were plenty (and I do mean plenty) of food shops in the area and they were all delicious! It wasn't like it was high-classed posh food, it was just normal food: noodles, congee, fried dough bread, my favourite egg tarts, the oh-so-famous milk teas.. just very typical Hong Kong food which I thoroughly enjoyed!!! We tried so many different things, it was great!!!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Yummy.. mango pudding!!!

We also drove all the way up to Victoria Peak to appreciate the amazing skyline view of Hong Kong at night. (We were also there for a very fancy meal courtesy of Jack from Bausch & Lomb International.. yummy!) Unfortunately for us, the mist was so bad that we could barely see past our noses.. So all we have is this picture of us in the carpark.. :(

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

.

We spent pretty much our whole day in Hong Kong shopping.. hehe.. But I wanted to bring my mum on an 'educational' tour so I brought her to a famous shopping mall, Pacific Place, which is full of really high-classed, branded stuff! Even though we were there on the first day of the Summer Sale, (and it was great to see that even Gucci had 30% off!) we didn't buy anything cos' I couldn't afford it and mum didn't see the point of paying for a name.. :( Ah well, luckily for me, the sale also extended in many other shops so we bought loads and loads of stuff from places like Esprit and Giordano! :)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Like my hat? :)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Mum took these pics for my sis..

.

Nightlife in Hong Kong is absolutely fantabulastic! Since Causeway Bay is one of the very popular hangout spots, even at night, it was amazing to see how bright all the lights were in the area, even at 12 midnight! I told my mum whilst we were walking around, that it felt like it was 8pm, since there were so many people about and there were enough neon signs were enough to blind you! I also went clubbing in the ever-so-famous place, 'Lan Kwai Fong', which is famous for its vibrant nightlife and apparently, was a popular hang-out spot for celebrities. Obviously, I just HAD to go, so I finally convinced my parents to let me go with one of the Uncles.. (to be fair, he's much younger than my dad and really quite fun! he's like 40 and acts like 14 so definitely good fun!) Unfortunately, we didn't see any celebrities.. Sigh.. Oh well, we did take loads of pictures though, but again, unfortunately, they're all in his camera and I haven't gotten them all from him. Next round, ok? :)

Well, here we are, at the very end of my summer holiday.. hope you've enjoyed reading about it as much as I enjoyed well, experiencing it! :) Back to normal life now.. Sighh..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home