Thursday, July 20, 2006

I'm back!

I'm back!!! Yes, after 4 wonderful, blissful weeks, I'm back here, in the UK and I'm not happy. First of all, well, I've officially started my final year (gasp!) so that means in exactly 1 year's time, I'm going to qualify and be a real doctor and will be set loose on the innocent public!!! Eeek!!

Second and probably most important of all, it's so f***ing hot in this stupid country!!! Yes, the weather has been completely atrocious lately.. in fact, at 38 degrees celcius, yesterday was the highest temperature ever recorded in British history! When you get to temperatures higher than the internal body temperature, that's just wrong. Plain wrong. And yes, even though I come from the tropics, it's never this hot because we always have air-conditioning and always a storm immediately after a hot day. So it's NEVER this hot! It's so hot that I find it difficult to function. In fact, as I'm sitting here typing away, I'm sweating in the worst place ever - behind the knees! And mind you, I just took my 2nd cold shower of the day!

Ok, done with the ranting. Just needed to get it out of my system! Anyway, I haven't been doing much, to be honest. Since I'm doing my attachment in Derby, it involves travelling about an hour a day up and down, plus the fact that I'm in til about 5-6 most days, my time is severely limited. Sighhh.. Plus, WS has been staying over for a few days, so he's a major distraction.. (Don't tell him that, otherwise he'll insist he leaves! :( ) Not that I don't enjoy his company, but cos' he's around, I'm always wanting to hang out with him and watch shows and stuff.. Plus, even though he's doing a lot of cooking for me in the evenings, I like to cook and bake for him, so I've been busy doing that.. hehe. I made a chocolate fudge brownie with soft cheese the other day for him. It wasn't bad, considering it was the first time I tried that recipe, but it wasn't the best either. This week, I'm planning to make some chequerboard cookies for him! Hehe..

Speaking of WS, I attended his graduation ceremony last week. Yes, he's graduated now and is now, officially a doctor! (And I'm dating a doctor.. heehee.. ) Oh by the way, he doesn't know that I've put up all these pics on my blog and if he finds out, he'll kill me.. you know how shy he gets!


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

My proud graduate!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

All smiles..


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Graduates doing their thing.. embarassingly, they were the only ones!



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Kampung Malaysia di Manchester



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Beautiful backdrop.. it really feels like we're in a foreign country!



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


My cousin, CC turned up for the event as the official photographer! (He's really good!)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


With PY and CY, also proud graduates..

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

WS & his family

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


WS & his housemates.. all proud doctors now!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

& finally..


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Ooh, and one last one.. doesn't he look dashing??!!

4 Comments:

Blogger michiee said...

Wish WS "Congrats" on my behalf :)

8:34 AM  
Blogger Jean said...

Thanks gurl.. and he says thanks too! ;) hehe..

9:13 PM  
Blogger Ninja said...

Wow congrats on surviving thus far and gettin to your final year :P
May not be the best place to ask but where are you plannin on doin your housemanship? Back home?

12:21 PM  
Blogger Jean said...

Thanks so much! :)

Well, to be honest, I'm not really sure yet.. we'll just have to see how things go!

Again, thanks for dropping by!

10:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home