Saturday, February 14, 2009

Cupid's a' Callin..

February has always been my favourite month of the year.. Firstly, it's the month that houses my birthday (although I have to admit that birthdays aren't nearly as fun as they were when I was little.. this growing-old business does not sit well with me at all!) Secondly, it's also the month we celebrate luuurve! It's a great wonder it isn't everyone's favourite month! Haha..

Anyway, obviously, not one to lose out on celebrations, I got to celebrate both special days.. My birthday wasn't a big one, just had an 'intimate' dinner with close friends. No wild or big parties, which is another sign that I am growing old.. You know, turning 27 sucks! No more hiding behind the '26 is still mid-twenties' excuse, since 27 is officially LATE twenties! No more, let's enjoy our twenties while we can, now it's just, let's kill ourselves before we hit the big 3-0! Sighhh.. I wish we could grow younger, that would be great rite? Like the curious Benjamin, haha!

OK, no more ranting.. these are some pics of my 'celebration' dinner. The best part of the night was when my darling WS surprised me with birthday cupcakes! Apparently he spent the day running around arranging the surprise at the dinner, of course, with the help of our friends. Plus, he surprised me with a lovely birthday gift, so altogether, my baby got a lot of loving from me! ;)

So I better stop before this turns out to be a 100% lovefest.. so here are some lovely pics, followed by some more of Valentine's!

Me & my cupcakes! They were so cute!



My darling made my birthday so special.. thanks so much, baby!


F.R.I.E.N.D.S?


Someone was soooo happy to spend my birthday with me! ;)




Yummy steak & chocolate fondue.. ok, have to admit though, it looks better than it tasted!



My beautiful cupcakes!!!!




:)



Soulmates? Yup, the boys fit as well as YJ & me!!!


The new Mr & Mrs!


My lovely gift.. ok, so it doesn't look great, but it was exactly what I wanted!!



Since this year's Valentine's Day fell on a Saturday, I had the marvelous idea of going for an 'exotic' holiday, to be uber-romantic... I had big ideas - Reykjavik (too cold), Berlin (a tad boring), Venice (I've already been and it's not that big a deal..), Prague (we're going in Easter) or Gran Canaria (too far for a weekend trip). As if that wasn't bad enough, WS put his foot down and said what I've been trying to deny - "NO MONEY". Apparently he wants to save up for our wedding (he hasn't even proposed yet, that self-confident ding-dong! But seriously, of late, we've been sooo broke!) So unfortunately for me, no romantic getaway. Instead, we were stuck in sad ol' Manchester.. (WS suggested somewhere local, but as you can remember from this entry, no more local holidays for me!)

OK, so it wasn't a bad Valentine's Day at all.. (I guess it just paled in comparison to my initial extravagant ideas!) WS booked us a romantic dinner at Albert's Shed, a restaurant in Manchester. Right, hands down, the best restaurant we've ever been to in all of Manchester! The food was absolutely delicious, the service was really good, ambience was wonderful and the overall experience was fantastic! We really enjoyed ourselves and will definitely be going back soon..

I was later surprised with a lovely bouquet of roses when I got home! (I must admit, WS is definitely getting better at this surprise business! ;) ) They were so pretty and the roses were huuuuuge! Hehe.. so as you can expect, here are my pictures!!! (A word of warning: there are some seriously loved-up cam-whoring going on here, so avert your eyes, oh thee faint-hearted!)


Me and my yummy roast duck leg.. the garlic mash potatoes were absolutely divine & the roast root vegetables were out of this world!!



Enjoying the decor at Albert's Shed..




WS enjoyed his roast lamb shank.. doesn't look much, but it was huge!


:)



Love is truly in the air! Haha..


More cam-whoring..


My beautiful roses..


Scrutinising for bugs?



Even more cam-whoring!!!


Aren't they just gorgeous?

OK, that's all for me for now! Have I mentioned how much I love this month?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home