Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Breakfast with the Morning Crew

Guess what I've been up to lately, here in lovely Malaysia? You'll never believe it!!!

I'm gonna frame this shot!
.
I managed to land myself a little gig a GUEST DJ on HITZ.FM with the MORNING CREW yesterday morning!!!! Crazy, huh? I was lucky enough to be chosen to replace Rudy, of the Hitz.fm Morning Crew (you know, the famous JJ and Rudy?) for one day cos' he had to go on leave. Talk about crazzyyyyy huh? It was absolutely awesome, my 4-hours of fame! Never thought I'd ever be able to be an announcer on NATIONAL RADIO with 1.3 MILLION Malaysians listening in!!! I'm still in shock!!! Plus, I was also on the air on Sunday for the Hitz Hot 20 so that's 2 gigs altogether! I know it's not that big a deal la, but I'll always remember this fantastic opportunity!!! (Apparently, they really liked my voice and the fact that they couldn't shut me up at the audition.. so who said being a mulut murai was a bad thing, huh?

So how was it? Absolutely FANTASTIC!!! It was awesome, I tell you! I got to meet JJ, who's pretty much like a celebrity now in Malaysia.. he's awesome man, really down to earth and refuses to admit that he is a celebrity! He was really patient with me as well, being the complete amateur I was, and took on the huge responsibility of running the show without his trusty partner as well! I bet it wasn't easy, having to be like the mentor/senior but he made it look like it was like, "No sweat man!". Oh, and he was just a barrel of laughs, absolutely hilarious guy! I learned an fantastic phrase from him: "Cannot help itla, born come out like that!"
JJ, if you're reading this, thanks so much, man! It was great to have an opportunity to work with you! And no, I'm not that crazy, right?

This is JJ (and me, of course!)


JJ was fooling around with my phone..
.
I was also fortunate enough to get to meet loads of other really cool people. My producer, Junior (I've always wanted to say that man.. "My producer"!!!) was super super cool, he was again, really patient with me, and really personally made sure that things were running smoothly with me and all. I really envy him, he's so young and already he's so successful!
Junior, thank you for this amazing opportunity and for coming in on your day off to 'jaga' me! I owe you and the boys a million for this!!

With Junior, the producer of the morning show
.
I also got to meet many other really cool people! I met Natalie, who does the show from 10-2pm everyday.. she's so pretty and so so so cool! She's super duper nice too! I met Brian, the show's Programme Manager and even though he had to be like all serious for the show and all, he was still super nice and kept reminding me to have fun. In fact, they all kept reminding me to have fun.. which I did, so that's great!!! I also met Pietro, Prith, the traffic lady, and many more! So cool!

With Natalie..

.

With Brian, the programme manager
.
I discovered that being a live announcer on Malaysia's No. 1 radio station is not an easy task! There are so many topics and words that you can't say on the air, but the most difficult part is coming with interesting and snappy stuff to say on air. Oh, and it wasn't easy to not stutter or make loads of mistakes like me either.. these guys aren't called professionals for nothing! Nevertheless, it was really great - was up-to-date with my celebrity gossip, got a few interesting callers who called in and talked to me and of course, pulling that awesome Gotcha on my sister!!! Hahaha... (She's still annoyed at me now everytime it plays on air!)
Anyway, it was all in all, an amazing experience and I would love to do more stuff like this in the future.. beats doing medicine any day!!! So many things I liked about this gig - meeting loads of cool people, hearing myself on the air, oh, and of course, being famous for one morning: so many people called me and emailed me to ask me about this! Hehe.. thanks y'all for your support!

Junior again




JJ, hard at work
Ghetto fabulous? Pietro, Andrew, JJ and Junior



Natalie having fun on her show
.
Ok, that's all for now! I've had an awesome weekend/Monday so hope the rest of the week will be great too.. Woohoo!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home