Sunday, November 06, 2005

Party Weekend!!!

After much deliberation, I decided to take the weekend off and go visit WS up north (well, not exactly north, but north from where I live..) I felt that I needed to get away and take a break.. needed a breather from my all-too-familiar environment. And most of all, I really wanted to see and spend some time with WS! (Yes, it seems that I should've made this decision earlier, but was on a guilt trip for not revising as my exams are coming up soon!)

Anyway, I'm really glad that I took this trip cos' boy did I have fun!! I must say that this is probably the most fun I've ever had there!!! Well, let's see... Friday night. We went out for dinner with his coursemates, MY and gang, and it was great getting to see these ppl again. Plus the food was pretty good so the night started off well. After dinner, we decided that we'd go clubbing that night, as we were all up for a good night out and I've never actually been clubbing in that city before! (Unfortunately, there were major logistic issues but we sorted them out eventually!)

We got there early and learned that WS's juniors from uni were gonna meet us there so there was definitely going to be a big group! Woohoo!! So we drank (well, I didn't, obviously) and danced the night away.. Although the music wasn't incredible (it was RNB, I'm a cheese fan!) and therefore, I don't think I danced to my full potential (haha!), it was still enjoyable and I had a good time. Moreover, it was my first clubbing trip with WS so it was a new experience, alright! (No, no, we didn't do the sexy dance thing.. don't think we're THAT much of a PDA couple! haha..)

Even though we had a great time at the club, the night, unfortunately for us, didn't end very well.. We couldn't get a cab home so ended up waiting 2 hours in the rain. I guess that was the only drawback.. Plus side? We got to experience our own little adventure and got to know the juniors a lot better! Haha.. (P/s: Sorry I don't have any pictures of us at the club, we're really not the kind of people who bring cameras to take photos of ourselves in a club.. hello?? lame much??!!)

Come Saturday we were all shattered... but we were still determined to have a fun day. WS and I went to watch Elizabethtown (WITH ORLANDO BLOOM!!!!!) and though it wasn't exactly Best-Picture-at-the-Oscar's material, it was nice to get to spend some quality time with each other. (Thanks, PY!!!)

I guess the HIGHLIGHT of our weekend was Bonfire Night! Every 5th of November, since 1605, England has celebrated Bonfire Night with (d'oh!) blazing bonfires, shows of fireworks and of course, the ornamental burning of Guy Fawkes' effigies across the country. Whether you want to take it as a celebration for the safety and sanctity of the crown, or the complete opposite, I believe that it's still a great excuse for a great night out!

So, on Saturday night, we (me, WS, PY and CC) went to Heaton Park to join in the festivities. There was a half a mile hike in complete darkness, further amplifying the spookiness of this whole holiday, but the light at the end of the tunnel was certainly worth it! There was a big funfair - with lots of exhilirating rides and yummy funfair food - and we took it all in! It was fabulous!!!


Of course, the highlight of the trip was supposed to be the big bonfire and the fireworks show.. Unfortunately, we missed most of the fireworks show so I guess everyone was kinda disappointed. (WS didn't miss it, though, so he was all-excited!) The big bonfire however, was every bit as impressive as it promised to be! It was hugeeee and standing next to it on a cold, drizzly night, was soooo comfortable! Our very own natural heater! Heehee.. We stood there in the cold, under one umbrella and as unpleasant as it sounds, we really got a chance to bond with each other! (Yea yea, cheesy.. I know.. I'll stop now!)



Ooh, lemme take this opportunity to introduce you to the photographer of these fabulous photos shown here. This is CC, a senior of WS's whom I recently met and more importantly, whom I recently discovered that I was related to!! Cool huh? Our grandparents came from the same tiny island (and possibly village?) in China so we're most certainly related. Ok, so it's gonna be distantly-related but related nevertheless! I was so excited when I first found out - I have a 2nd/3rd cousin in the UK!!! Hehe.. He's a real cool guy too and we all enjoy hanging out with him.. :) I'm glad I get along quite well with him and able to have earned his trust. Most of all, he 'entertains' me when I get in my crazy cousin mood so all in all, great fun!


Ooh, I managed to convince all 3 of them to go on this super-crazy ride at the funfair. (Yes, I took these photos with CC's great big professional camera. Not bad huh, for an absolute amateur? ;) ) Anyway, it was so scary but fun at the same time watching them scream and shout on the ride.. It certainly got their adrenaline pumping so everyone was really high and happy afterwards! Heehee..


All in all, it was a great night.. and most important of all, I finally got my annual toffee apple!!!

So although I had to come home tonight and leave my darling behind, I'm glad that I went and had a great time this weekend. Sighh.. now it's back to the books. Or rather, it's time to start!

2 Comments:

Blogger Jean said...

Hi Cindy! Thanks for dropping by.. of course I know who you are! :P So how are you? How's life going? Heard you went home? Will u be there permanently? Getting a job? Haha.. hope we get a chance to chat soon yeah? :)

12:01 PM  
Blogger Jean said...

Ooh.. thanks so much! Never knew I had a 'follower'! Haha.. So where will you be doing the bar next year? And what exams? What and where are you studying now? (Gosh, I'm so clueless!)

11:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home