Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Success!!!

Today is the first time in 3 weeks that I felt worthy of the X number of pounds being paid to me an hour by my employer.. Why? Well, cos' today is the first time in 3 weeks that I managed to secure 4 donations myself!!! Ok ok, so this entry is not going to be the most interesting nor intellectually-stimulating, but it sure is gonna be one of those 'philosophical' or 'thinking/pondering on life's worth' entries. Besides, I'm really proud of myself today and want to share it with the whole world!!!

I'm doing this job part-time (it's easy money! well, relatively anyway.. no manual labour so that's quite good!) and to be honest, I'm discovering that it's not as easy as it seems.. Sometimes I do wonder if I'm even right for this position to begin with, but thinking back on how my bosses told us that there were only 8 people chosen out of 50 over applicants, and they must be right (hehe), I always feel suitably-qualified and much better!

Anyhow, since I've started working, I have been experiencing rejection after rejection and though I didn't take it personally at all (some of them were really mean!), I couldn't help but feel a little down.. But all that changed today. Some of us were given a different list - a better list - and voila, I nailed it!!! Boy, am I happy! I'm feeling super-charged and great right now!! In fact, my first call of the night was a success and so, I couldn't help continuing the shift with so much energy and a humongous smile on my face!!

So I got to thinking... this whole job thing of mine reminded me greatly of life itself and how important our outlook on life was. For 3 weeks, I experienced nothing but 'failures' and although I knew they weren't rejecting me per se, I could not help but feel weighed down by the rejection. Fortunately, I managed to bounce back every time (well, almost, anyway..) and kept on trying.

I guess that's life, isn't it.. We might experience multiple failures over a short space of time and no matter how hard we think things are, the key thing is to persist and plod on. To take it in stride, swallow our pride and just be a bride? Haha... just kidding, was trying to rhyme there.. But yeah, we should never give up and always try out best. Unfortunately, that's easier said than done and I've done my fair share of giving up. (Well, that's a different story so guess I'll leave it til' next time..) All you need is one success to get the ball rolling and before you know it, *bam* you've got a string of victories tailing right behind you!

Anyway, my advice to myself and whoever'll take it is this: Be brave, stand up to failure and disappointment and keep trying!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home