Wednesday, November 09, 2005

My baby boy

I recently came into possession of some beautiful photos and video clips of my lovely little cousin brother JT2 in his kindergarden concert at home.. (I stole them from my sis) His whole family had attended (i.e. my uncle, aunt and my other brother JT1) and so did my other aunt and my sis. (My dad and mum were busy somewhere else i think!)

Seen here singing in the choir. Isn't he just so cute?
Look at him smiling so happily and sweetly.. He's so beautiful!
Anyway, when I saw the photos and the video clips, I actually became somewhat teary-eyed because I was so proud of my little boy (okok, he's not technically mine...) and seeing him on a stage performing was just so incredibly overwhelming! But I also cried because I had the incredible misfortune of missing it. I was stuck over here in miserable UK and therefore, did not have this once-in-a-lifetime chance of attending my dahling JT2's concert.. (I had attended JT1's about 3 years ago and to be honest, truly enjoyed it!)
Look at him and tell me he's not the most handsome boy amongst his friends!

I guess when I saw those photos, I just felt incredibly overwhelmed with emotion because it only served as a reminder of the things that I'm missing out on not only in JT1 and 2's life, but my family in general. And since I'm going to be here for at least another few years, nothing can change and that further saddens me. I'm going to be missing out on a big chunk of my little brothers' childhood and will not be there for important milestones in their little lives.. I wish so much that I could be there for them, to experience all these important events and of course, mundane daily life, together with them.

Hopefully by now you can recognize him but here's him doing his little dance..

Unfortunately, none of that is going to happen anytime soon. And by the time I go home for good, they'll be all grown up and not so cute anymore and certainly won't be so open to me kissing/sayang-ing them everytime they walk past me. Sighh... What can I do???
He gave the closing speech at the end of the concert. Isn't he just brilliant?
(Btw, WS thinks i'm crazy as he keeps trying to remind me that my wonderful little brother is not my son!)
I have just watched the video clips again and can't help but cry.. Gosh, how i miss them both!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home